Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"APPRECIATE ME!"

As we all know, relationships, like grief, make for some wild roller coaster rides!  One day, we're up and feeling great about our partners and the next day, we want our other halves, not only out of the house, but off the planet!  It can be exhausting!  I came across a funny little story from one of my favorite books, FIGHT LESS, LOVE MORE by Laurie Puhn that will put a smile on your face, I hope.  A column on grief especially needs to have some humor every now and again!
"A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.  She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband, 'I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly.  I really need you to pay me a compliment.'  The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.'  Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Dallas, TX, United States
I am an educator and consultant, in the field of loss and grief. I love educating others, as well as learning from them, about life's little and big, happy and sad losses: marriage, divorce, moving away, losing one's health, aging gracefully.....or not......death of a loved one, a pet, a dream, children growing up and parents having to let go, etc. etc. Hopefully, you get the picture. Let's laugh, cry and learn together!