Monday, February 21, 2011

TAGGING ON TO YESTERDAY'S TOPIC

"You want to know who helped me?  That's easy.  It wasn't the folks with the answers or the folks with the cliches or platitudes or advice.  No!  It was those wonderful people who listened all the way to the end of my sentences even when my sentences did not have periods.  It was those precious people who let me sob and slobber and wail and moan and who simply sat with me staring into the bottom of empty coffee cups as if the answers I needed might be hiding there.  It was those who listened and nodded, patted and hugged, and wept and waited with me for this active season called grief to end."  Harold Ivan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Dallas, TX, United States
I am an educator and consultant, in the field of loss and grief. I love educating others, as well as learning from them, about life's little and big, happy and sad losses: marriage, divorce, moving away, losing one's health, aging gracefully.....or not......death of a loved one, a pet, a dream, children growing up and parents having to let go, etc. etc. Hopefully, you get the picture. Let's laugh, cry and learn together!