Saturday, January 21, 2012

WHAT I READ AT MY "FATHER-IN-LAW'S" FUNERAL

This was written a century ago by Henry Scott Holland, a professor of divinity at Oxford University:
"Death is nothing at all- I have only slipped away into the next room.  I am I, and you are you.  Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.  Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used.  Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.  Laugh at the little jokes we enjoyed together.  Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.  Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.  Let it be spoken without the ghost of a shadow on it.  Life means all that it ever meant.....there is absolutely unbroken continuity.  I am waiting for you-somewhere near just around the corner.
All is well."

1 comment:

About Me

Dallas, TX, United States
I am an educator and consultant, in the field of loss and grief. I love educating others, as well as learning from them, about life's little and big, happy and sad losses: marriage, divorce, moving away, losing one's health, aging gracefully.....or not......death of a loved one, a pet, a dream, children growing up and parents having to let go, etc. etc. Hopefully, you get the picture. Let's laugh, cry and learn together!