Sunday, August 26, 2012

OH HAPPY DAYS!

Want to know what makes a BLISSFUL day for me?  I have been fortunate enough to have 9 in a row, this past week!
1.  Perfect 70 degree weather in the city I'm visiting, which, this time, happened to be NYC.
2.  Spending most of everyday, for an entire week, with my daughter in NYC, where she lives.
3.  Going on a 2 hour bike ride on a cool, overcast day (with her)
4.  Outlet shopping (with her)
5.  Getting our daily Starbucks together
6.  Spending an hour in Sephora (with her)
7.  Getting manicures side by side
8.  Working out together, while introducing her to new songs on my ipod (not the other way around!)
9.  Going through her wedding box of souvenirs, reliving every moment
10. Spending lots of one-on-one time with my son-in-law
11.  Watching him cook for me, while enjoying every single bite
12.  Watching him WANT to clean up afterwards!  (It relaxes him!)
13.  Playing my favorite game of Mexican Train with the two of them
14.  Coming back home to a 24 hour day of beauty products on QVC
15.  Taking a long bubble bath after stressing, trying to make plane and hotel reservations for 2 hours, online
16.  Waking up to a dark, cloudy morning on a weekend, able to stay in bed and watch the morning news.
17.  Relishing an entire rainy weekend, if I don't have anywhere I have to be
18.  Going to my 2 favorite local Starbucks, which have both just been remodeled beautifully
19.  Making myself a wonderful lactose free, gluten free healthy breakfast
20.  Hearing my good friend tell me that I'm the happiest person she's ever seen (see above list as to why that might be true!)
I wish days of bliss- whatever those might be- for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Dallas, TX, United States
I am an educator and consultant, in the field of loss and grief. I love educating others, as well as learning from them, about life's little and big, happy and sad losses: marriage, divorce, moving away, losing one's health, aging gracefully.....or not......death of a loved one, a pet, a dream, children growing up and parents having to let go, etc. etc. Hopefully, you get the picture. Let's laugh, cry and learn together!