Sunday, May 22, 2011

WHAT WILL YOU LEAVE ON YOUR HEADSTONE?

Have you even thought what you would like your headstone to say about you, other than the date you were born and the date you died?  If you want it to reflect your personality, you could copy what some others have already used on theirs:  "Gone to Wal-Mart," or from a man who had had 2 wives:  "Bury me between {Mary} and {Susan}, but closer to {Susan}!  I've already told my kids what I would like my headstone to say, although I keep changing my mind, so who knows what they'll end up with!  ha!  On a more serious note, here is what a headstone in Ireland says, "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Dallas, TX, United States
I am an educator and consultant, in the field of loss and grief. I love educating others, as well as learning from them, about life's little and big, happy and sad losses: marriage, divorce, moving away, losing one's health, aging gracefully.....or not......death of a loved one, a pet, a dream, children growing up and parents having to let go, etc. etc. Hopefully, you get the picture. Let's laugh, cry and learn together!